- Create and edit documentation with Google Sheets in Optimizely
- Set up Sheets Embed, an Optimizely App
Sheets Embed is an Optimizely App that allows you to access Google Sheets that are tied to your Optimizely projects directly within Optimizely.
Any spreadsheet in your Google Drive that has the Project ID of your Optimizely project included in the title will be loaded into Sheets Embed. If you do not already have a spreadsheet with the appropriate Project ID, Sheets Embed will automatically create one for you. This sheet will be saved within your Google Drive, and you can work on it directly within Sheets Embed or within Google Drive.
Sheets Embed only works with Google Drive, so make sure you have an account that you can use to collaborate with your teammates and store your spreadsheets.
- Roadmap: Include your testing roadmap to provide context around past, current and upcoming experimentation to your whole team, example [here].
- Strategy: Include strategy and testing best practices for your team to reference as they are building out experiments.
- Form Responses: Include Google Form responses related to experiments in this project or testing ideation, documentation [here]
- Team Alignment: Increase alignment across your testing organization, reduce time searching for relevant documentation and context switching.
- Valuable External Data: Any data related to your project or experimentation that would be valuable to reference directly within Optimizely.
Using Sheets Embed
Once the integration is activated, select the newly created Sheets Embed tab. You will be prompted to authenticate your Google Drive account; be sure to pick the email address that is tied to where your project spreadsheet lives or where you would want one to be created. If you select the wrong Google Drive Account, you will need to revoke the access by navigating here.
If you already have a spreadsheet in your Google Drive that has the Project ID number of the current project you are in within Optimizely, that spreadsheet will automatically be loaded into Sheets Embed.
If you do not already have a spreadsheet in your Google Drive that has the Project ID number of the current project you are in within Optimizely, a new spreadsheet will be created within your Google Drive called “Roadmap PROJECT_ID” where PROJECT_ID is the current Project you are using.
It is important to not remove the Project ID from the title of the spreadsheet you want included in Sheets Embed, though you are free to update the title of the spreadsheet otherwise.
You are only able to load one spreadsheet at a time within Sheets Embed, so it is recommended that you create tabs within this single spreadsheet if there are multiple sheets of data you want included for this project. If you have two spreadsheets in your Google Drive with the same project ID, the spreadsheet that was viewed most recently will appear within Sheets Embed.
Be sure to share the spreadsheet you want associated with this project with everyone in your project team. If the spreadsheet is not included in their Google Drive, Sheets Embed will not be able to find it and will create a new spreadsheet.
To submit a bug report please create a support ticket here.