- Optimizely Classic
This article will help you:
- Enable SessionCam within Optimizely
- Filter recordings in SessionCam by Optimizely experiments
SessionCam is an analytics tool that allows you to watch recordings of your website visitors. Using the Optimizely integration, you can see the impact of your Optimizely experiment through the actions your customers take on your website. Optimizely will automatically set properties in SessionCam so that you can segment metrics for each experiment and variation.
Enabling SessionCam in Optimizely
To enable the SessionCam integration for a project, go to the Integrations tab on the Home page and toggle the button to On in the right sidebar.
To enable the integration for a specific experiment, go to that experiment in the Editor, and select Options > Integrations.
Then check the SessionCam box.
Viewing your Optimizely experiments in SessionCam
Once you have enabled the integration in Optimizely and started the experiment, go to your SessionCam account and click the Recordings tab.
- Click Add filter
- In the drop-down menu, select Field Value
- Start typing “Optimizely” in the key field and your experiment name/ID will begin to populate.
There may be some lag time between typing and the experiment option showing up.
- In the third field, select the match type "Like" and a new field will appear. In the new field, insert your variation ID in this format: "Optimizely Var <Variation ID>". This will allow you to put in part or all of the experiment ID. You can also select "Entered" which will show you all sessions that captured an experiment.