Qualaroo gives marketers a complete solution for collecting and acting on visitor insights to improve website performance. Powered by unobtrusive on-site surveys, Qualaroo collects the voice of customer feedback that can be used to drive conversion rates.
There are three different options for integrating Qualaroo with Optimizely:
- Most simply, you can target a Qualaroo survey to a particular Optimizely variation. By doing this, you can get qualitative feedback about the user experience in that variation and use those insights to inform future Optimizely experiments.
- You can also use Optimizely to test different Qualaroo survey variations against each other.
- Advanced: You can also use Qualaroo create Optimizely Audiences and target new experiences based on survey feedback. Instead of a generic site experience, you can show visitors relevant messages, content, and experiences based on answers they’ve given to Qualaroo surveys on previous site visits.
Thanks to Qualaroo for providing this information in their Knowledge Base!
Let’s take a quick look at how to implement each of these integrations:
Target a Qualaroo Survey to an Optimizely Variation
With this integration, you can target a particular Qualaroo survey to users who saw a particular Optimizely variation.
Why might you want to set up such survey targeting?
Let’s say you have created a variation with substantial changes to your pricing page. Through your Optimizely experiment, you can measure the impact of these changes on key conversion rates. A targeted Qualaroo survey that collects specific user feedback for a particular variation can then help you understand why one variation performed better or worse than another. Even in variations with an overall lift in conversion rates, this qualitative feedback may indicate ways to further iterate and improve on the existing one. You can then test these further changes in Optimizely and celebrate an even more dramatic uplift in conversions.
This integration is available to all Optimizely plans, but you will need an Enterprise-level Qualaroo plan.
Enabling such targeting is a simple, two-step process:
- First, determine which experiment and variations you want Qualaroo to target. On the desired experiment page within Optimizely, retrieve the experiment ID and variation names.
- Next, go to Qualaroo’s survey configuration and enter the experiment ID and the names of the variations (comma-separated) that you wish to display the desired survey.
And that's it. Your survey targeting is set! For more information on targeting surveys based on Optimizely variations, please check out Qualaroo’s article on how to use Optimizely and Qualaroo together.
Use Optimizely to A/B test Qualaroo Surveys
You can also use Optimizely to test variations of a Qualaroo survey against each other. Through such an experiment, you can determine which wording and ordering of survey questions generates the highest quality and frequency of responses.
Testing Qualaroo surveys through Optimizely is quite simple:
- First, create an experiment in Optimizely with two (or more) variations. Don’t make any changes to these variations in Optimizely’s visual editor.
- Next, on Qualaroo, configure two surveys on the same page. Using the procedure described in the first integration option above, target each to a different variation.
And that’s it! Now Optimizely will randomly bucket users into the survey variations. Wait for enough data and analyze the number and quality of responses that each version of the survey received.
Integrate Optimizely Audiences with Qualaroo
This more advanced integration, available only to Enterprise customers of both Optimizely and Qualaroo, allows you to use Qualaroo survey feedback to create Audiences within Optimizely. You can then personalize the content and experiences that these audiences see based on the feedback they provided.
For example, mobile commerce platform Mobify uses such an integration to more effectively message their different buyer personas. They first use a Qualaroo survey to establish which Audience a visitor falls into. Then, within Optimizely, they define a number of distinct Audience groups based on visitors’ industry and functional focus. This allows them to design variations within Optimizely that deliver an optimized experience to each of these audience groups.
To integrate Optimizely Audiences with Qualaroo:
- From the Home page, go to the Dimensions tab and click New Dimension.
- Name your dimension and provide an optional description and API Name if needed, then click Save.
- Send the code to Qualaroo, and save your dimension.
- Now, open the experiment where you'd like to enable the integration, and click the Audiences icon (). If you want to add the Qualaroo integration to an existing audience, click Add a Saved Audience and select the one you want to use. Otherwise, create a new audience. You can name the audience anything you'd like.
- Under Possible conditions (on the right), click the Custom tab and drag your Qualaroo dimension (the one you created in step 2) into the main stage area.
- Save the audience, and now you can target any experiment that uses this audience toward visitors based on Qualaroo data!