You can use our quickstart guide to get your first experiment up and running, but we recommend taking time to set up Optimizely X for long-term success.
- Optimizely Academy: Enroll in a self-paced course to learn how to implement your snippet and prepare your website for experimentation.
- Configure Optimizely: Enable Optimizely X without making any code changes: just configure the snippet and enable cross-origin targeting. Then, decide whether you’ll transition slowly or switch over completely from Classic. Either way, you’ll still have access to your Classic experiment results.
- Integrate with other platforms: We especially recommend integrating Optimizely with your analytics platform, so you can view your experiment results in the context of the data that you already collect.
- Prepare Optimizely X for your site: The reusable components for URL targeting (Pages), goal tracking (Events), and audience targeting require advance setup, but will help you build experiments more quickly. Watch a video tour that walks you through this setup.
- Check your implementation: Use this checklist to complete your implementation.
- Set up projects for staging and production environments
- Variation code execution in Optimizely X versus Classic
- Single-page Applications in Optimizely X
- Use Optimizely with UI libraries like React and Vue
- Checklist: Advanced implementation for Optimizely X
There are a few different ways to learn to use Optimizely X. We recommend that you attend a virtual training session, but you can also take a self-paced course.
- Guide to building an experiment in six steps: This article walks you through each step of creating an experiment. Learn to use the Visual Editor and custom code to build variations, and QA your experiment.
- Optimizely Academy: Enroll in a self-paced course to learn to connect your experiments to business goals and leverage your data to generate hypotheses.
- In-app guides: We’ve added several help guides in the Optimizely app to walk you through the process of building a test. Simply click the question mark icon in the bottom left to load a guide.
- Optiverse Community: Have a question or need advice? On our Transition community board, you’ll find Optimizely veterans and technical support engineers who can help.
- General resources
- Primary, secondary, and monitoring goals
- Responsive design in Optimizely X
- Create multi-page experiments in Optimizely X
- Force variation parameters in Optimizely X
- Install the Desktop App
You’ve launched your experiment and collected data. Now you’re ready to take action on your results. The Optimizely Results page helps you make impactful business decisions. Make the most of your data with the resources below.
- Optimizely Academy: Enroll in a self-paced course to learn how to interpret the Optimizely Results page so that you can take action on your results.
- Explore the Optimizely X Results page: We’ve made some changes to the Results page. We now show confidence intervals and tweaked Stats Engine to help you make impactful business decisions. Here’s how Optimizely X counts conversions.
- Interpret your results: Experiment results offer an important opportunity to learn from your visitors’ behaviors. Segment your results for a more granular view of your visitors’ activities. When you’ve decided how long to run the experiment and you’re ready to stop, take action on your data.
- Rebuild Classic experiments: Experiments in Optimizely Classic and Optimizely X aren't shared across platforms. If you have long-running "hot fixes" or "experiments" where 100% traffic is sent to a single variation, recreate them in Optimizely X so your site experience is seamless.
- Switch to standalone snippet: Once you have migrated your experiments from Classic to X, you can enable the Optimizely X only snippet to complete your transition to X.
As you master Optimizely X, consider advancing your experimentation mindset. Share your results with others and celebrate your wins. Get involved and build your expertise with the resources below.
- Share your results: Maximize the impact of your testing program by sharing what you learn with stakeholders, including developers and executives.
- Get certified: Once you have a solid understanding of the Optimizely X platform, demonstrate your expertise with an Optimizely User or Developer Certification.
- Learn the Optimization Methodology: Use this framework to build a high-velocity, impactful, and sustainable experimentation program.
- Practice your ideation skills: Practice your ideation skills with other optimizers in this ideation workshop. Review Optimizely's Problem, Solution, Result framework for developing data-driven experiment ideas; then work through two real website examples to generate hypotheses as a group.