Welcome to Optimizely!
We want you to find value from Optimizely, quickly and painlessly. For customers using Optimizely Testing, use this one-stop onboarding guide to find everything you need to achieve success.
Step 1: Set up Optimizely
Before you can start running experiments, you'll need to implement Optimizely on your website. Skip ahead if you’ve already done this. Otherwise, click the links below to learn more about getting started.
- Implement the snippet: The Optimizely snippet is the code that makes it possible for you to run experiments on your site. You only have to implement it once for each project you create.
- Manage your projects: We recommend implementing Optimizely on both production and dedicated staging or QA environments, so that you can QA your experiments in the environment that makes the most sense.
- Add collaborators: If you’re setting up Optimizely for a team, you’ll need to learn how to add users and manage their roles. For added protection, you can set up collaborators with varying levels of permissions.
- Integrate with other platforms: We especially recommend integrating Optimizely with your existing analytics platform so that you can view your experiment data within the context of the analytics you already collect.
Step 2: Learn how to build an experiment
There are a few different ways to learn to use Optimizely Testing. We recommend you attend one of our virtual training sessions by clicking the link below. However, you might instead prefer a learning experience that you can complete at your own pace.
- Platform virtual training: In this 60 minute interactive virtual training, a live facilitator will teach you how to build an experiment. Feel free to ask them questions!
- Academy courses: Complete these courses at your own pace and learn the basics of building an experiment through descriptions, videos, activities, and quizzes.
- Help videos: Explore Optimizely’s key features and functionality with this library of short video tutorials. Read the companion articles to dive deeper!
Step 3: Determine your testing strategy
Once you gain some familiarity with the platform, it’s important to consider your testing strategy. What do you want to test? Why? The resources below will help you maximize the value you get from Optimizely Testing.
- Strategy virtual training: Sign up for a 60 minute session in which our facilitators will guide you through experiment ideation and A/B testing strategies.
- Resource library: Visit our Resource Library for white papers, webinars, and downloadable job-aids. You're sure to learn something new!
- Optimization methodology: For those seeking in-depth guidance on testing ideation and strategy, we’ve created a series of articles in our knowledge base.
Step 4: Run your first experiment
Now that you have some test ideas, it’s time to run your first experiment. We recommend you focus on a “quick win.” That is, choose an idea that requires minimal effort to set up, but can make a significant impact. To help you along, check out our resources below.
- In-app guides: We’ve added several help guides in the Optimizely app to walk you through the process of building a test. Simply click the question mark
icon in the bottom left to load a guide. Pre-launch checklist: This article walks you through a detailed QA process. Use it to make sure your experiments work correctly before they go live. Optiverse community: Have a question or need advice? In our community, you’ll find Optimizely veterans and technical support engineers who can help.
Step 5: Interpret your results Results virtual training: This 60-minute session walks you through the Results page and teaches you how to take action on winning, losing, and inconclusive results. Academy courses: This self-paced learning experience will help you interpret results through lessons, videos, and activities. Help videos: This series of short video tutorials explains all the features of the Results page and provides detailed resources to help you learn more.
Step 6: Grow your testing program
- Share your results: Maximize the impact of your testing program by sharing what you learn with stakeholders, including your developers and executives.
Improve our product: Do you have suggestions on how Optimizely can improve? We’d love to hear your feedback. Post your ideas in the Optiverse! Get certified: Once you have a solid understanding of the Optimizely platform, increase your credibility with Optimizely Certification.